When compared with other cosmetic procedures, recovery steps after injecting Botox is quite easy and fast. Botox is injected without anesthesia. After the procedure is done, the patient can go home. Common side effects are very minimal, especially if the injection is done by experienced experts. But after botox treatment should not be done haphazardly. Considering Botox is a beauty procedure, then after undergoing procedure care is also very important to note. There are some tips that you can try to do after getting Botox injections.
- Immediately after the procedure, be sure to compress the injection area with ice for at least 10 minutes. Compress with ice will prevent bruising and swelling.
- Avoid massaging or pressing the injection area. Massaging can make Botox so pervasive that would paralyze facial muscles
- Take some time for the body to recover fully and avoid strenuous physical activity for at least 24 hours. Strenuous activity may cause the Botox to spread to other areas.
- Elevate or head up at least 3 to 4 hours after the injection is given. Again, this can help avoid Botox to spread to other areas.
- Talk to your doctor regarding the “facial exercises” to test the facial muscles. Test or facial exercises needed to make sure the face can still perform a variety of expressions.
- Find out if there is a substance that should be avoided. Discuss with your doctor the various types of makeup, cleansers, and moisturizers that may or may not be used to avoid infection and possible side effects.