Before conducting it you need to know about lasik eye surgery risk and complications. LASIK eye surgery or laser-assisted in-situ keratomileusis is a surgical procedure that uses a laser for vision correction. This procedure aims to correct refractive errors, by reshaping the cornea. With this operation, the light falling on the cornea can really focus on the retina. This eliminates the need for glasses or contact lenses and improve eyesight for most.
During surgery, eye drops are used to numb the eye. Corneal suction ring repaired using some sort. Thin membrane, round, and wedge cut from the outer layer of the cornea, using a special device. Folds the cornea is not removed entirely, but pulled back so that the surgeon can work on networks that lies beneath. The next step is to reshape the underlying corneal tissue, according to the needs of the patient.
But still some people asking about lasik eye surgery risk and information that makes them bit worried.
- Side Effects: In the case of LASIK eye surgery, can cause unusual side effects. While some may experience bulging eyes, their halos, and double vision, trouble with night vision also found. Most patients may experience dry eyes for several months after surgery, but for some, severe dry eye syndrome can last longer and require treatment. Other side effects include excess correction, correction of deficiencies, induction cylindrical, light sensitivity, etc.
- Complications: This surgery can cause complications, such as infection of the cornea, displacement or folds in the corneal flap, fold tucked, Subconjunctival bleeding and thinning of the cornea is also experienced by some people.
- Surgical Correction: In some cases, another surgery may be needed both to improve the results or to correct problems caused by previous surgery. While the correction of deficiencies corrected by the second surgery, the excess correction is often corrected with contact lenses or glasses.
- And the last thing about lasik eye surgery risk and compilations is
- On the loss or damage Irreversible eye: LASIK eye surgery involves the formation of corneal tissue. In some particular cases are rare, loss of vision or permanent damage may occur, as a result of this procedure. Operation and further treatment sometimes can repair the damage.