Things You Should Preparing Before Having Lumpectomy Surgery Procedure
Body Statistics Table
All body statistics are seen in the table below. Take a look at measurements like height and weight!
|Cup Size (US)||N/A|
|Bra Size (US)||N/A|
|Implants or Natural (Breasts)||N/A|
|Shoe Size (US)||N/A|
|Dress Size (US)||N/A|
There are some thing you should preparing before having lumpectomy surgery procedure. Here is an overview of the preparation before, during, and after a lumpectomy in breast cancer patients:
Before Surgery Lumpectomy
- At the hospital on the day of surgery, the patient will wear clothes from the hospital and wait in the preoperative holding area.
- If the tumor can not be seen or felt, the surgeon will use a procedure before surgery to locate and mark the tumor using a mammogram or ultrasound.
- The surgeon or nurse may be signaled to the breast to show where the incision (surgery) will be created. Usually this is done with a felt-tip marker.
- Furthermore, the patient will be taken to the anesthetic room, where a nurse will put an IV (intravenous line) to the hand or arm. Soon after this, the patient will be given sedatives (anesthesia) intravenously.
- Most patients undergoing lumpectomy choose to use anesthetic (anesthetic) to numb only locally in the area to be surgery alone, but some others choose to use general anesthesia (anesthesia).