Things You Should Preparing Before Having Lumpectomy Surgery Procedure
There are some thing you should preparing before having lumpectomy surgery procedure. Here is an overview of the preparation before, during, and after a lumpectomy in breast cancer patients:
Before Surgery Lumpectomy
- At the hospital on the day of surgery, the patient will wear clothes from the hospital and wait in the preoperative holding area.
- If the tumor can not be seen or felt, the surgeon will use a procedure before surgery to locate and mark the tumor using a mammogram or ultrasound.
- The surgeon or nurse may be signaled to the breast to show where the incision (surgery) will be created. Usually this is done with a felt-tip marker.
- Furthermore, the patient will be taken to the anesthetic room, where a nurse will put an IV (intravenous line) to the hand or arm. Soon after this, the patient will be given sedatives (anesthesia) intravenously.
- Most patients undergoing lumpectomy choose to use anesthetic (anesthetic) to numb only locally in the area to be surgery alone, but some others choose to use general anesthesia (anesthesia).
Body Statistics Table
All body statistics are seen in the table below. Take a look at measurements like height and weight!
|Cup Size (US)
|Bra Size (US)
|Implants or Natural (Breasts)
|Shoe Size (US)
|Dress Size (US)