Dry eye is a disorder that occurs in people susceptible myopia or nearsightedness. Eye condition experienced laser action too much of course, makes the cornea thinner and can cause dry eyes. However, apart from that there are several causes of dry eye in this operation, among others, are as follows.
- Older age, especially if you are female and have undergone menopause.
- Allergy medications (antihistamines), certain blood pressure medications and anti-depressants that can reduce eye moisture.
- Autoimmune diseases such as Sjogren’s syndrome.
- The rooms were very hot or air-conditioned.
- How to Overcome Lasik Dry Eye
To overcome this problem, the doctor prescribed eye drops that will help you generate more tears. So that this problem does not happen to you, you should do the prevention of dry eye after LASIK by:
- Inform lasik surgeon if you have other problems in the eye, such as itchy eyes due to allergies.
- Consumption of foods containing omega-3 fatty acids which help to increase the quantity of healthy tears.
- Drink plenty of water every day.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine, and other substances that can cause dehydration.
- Follow all instructions provided by your eye doctor before and after lasik eye.